Welcome to ACOG Engage, ACOG’s online professional network where members and authorized users participating in select ACOG programs and activities can collaborate with peers, build relationships, and hold ongoing conversations all within a safe and secure private community.
Purpose of Community
ACOG Engage communities are designed as a online space for ACOG members to engage with peers, network and build relationships, and hold ongoing conversations related to the ob-gyn profession and women’s health.
In order to preserve an environment is welcoming and that respects the purpose of the community, ACOG reserves the right to suspend or terminate participation in ACOG Engage for anyone who violates the following rules.
- Respect others and the purpose of the community. Use the communities to engage with peers, build relationships, and hold ongoing conversations related to the ob-gyn profession and women’s health. Always be professional when participating in ACOG Engage communities.
- Don't post promotional, fundraising or commercial messages. The ACOG Engage communities are for conversation and collaboration. Promotional and commercial content is not permitted—including but not limited to recruitment advertisements, job listings, free and paid event announcements, and research or surveys. ACOG Engage may not be used to collect names or create mailing lists for business opportunities.
- Don’t promote candidates for elected office or engage in electioneering. ACOG Engage is not a place to garner support for candidates for office, and electioneering is prohibited.
- Communities are not a place for discussion around ACOG elections or related business. Questions around the ACOG election process should be sent directly to the Nominations Committee at email@example.com
- Use appropriate decorum, don’t troll, challenge or attack others. Discussions on ACOG Engage are meant to drive collaboration, engage with peers, and build positive relationships, not to create contention or unprofessional conversation. Do not post discussions with the intent of upsetting others and starting a heated discussion.
- Defamatory, abusive, profane, threatening, offensive, or illegal materials are prohibited. Do not post anything that you would not want the world to see or that you would not want anyone to know came from you. Legal restrictions, including liability for defamation, apply to posts within the ACOG Engage communities.
- Respect privacy. Do not post any PHI, PII, or any other confidential or potentially confidential patient or health information to the ACOG Engage communities. ACOG Engage is not intended to be a place for the exchange of any Protected Health Information (PHI) or other personally identifiable information (PII) that is subject to the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) of 1996 and its implementing regulations or other state and federal privacy laws. Should you submit personal information, including PHI, regarding a patient or other third party, you represent and warrant to ACOG that you have obtained that individual’s consent to the extent required by law to the disclosure of their personal information.
- Respect intellectual property and copyright. By posting material on ACOG Engage, you represent and warrant that you own the copyright with respect to such material or have received permission to share from the copyright owner. When posting copyrighted material, link out to the source on the internet rather than posting a pdf or a file of the content. In addition, by posting such material, you grant to ACOG and users of this site the nonexclusive right and license to display, copy, publish, distribute, transmit, print, and use the information or material that you posted.
- Don’t post anticompetitive messages or restrain trade.Do not post messages that encourage or facilitate members to arrive at any agreement that either expressly or implicitly leads to price fixing, a boycott, or other conduct that restricts free trade. Messages that encourage or facilitate an agreement about the following subjects are prohibited: prices, discounts, or terms or conditions of sale; salaries; profits, profit margins, or cost data; market shares, sales territories, or markets; allocation of customers or territories; or selection, rejection, or termination of customers or suppliers.
- State concisely and clearly the topic of your message in the subject line. This allows members to respond more appropriately to your post and makes it easier for them find relevant content when they search the archives by subject.
- Post your message or documents only to the most appropriate communities. This helps ensure all messages receive the best response by eliminating "noise." Do not post the same message in different communities or libraries. All messages should be intended to add to the body of knowledge within an individual community.
- Do not send administrative or general messages such as “remove me from the list,” "thanks for the information," or "me, too" to a group. Do not include messages that are not relevant to the majority of community members. Instead send a message to the individual by using the "Reply to Sender" link available in every discussion post.
Egregious violations, such as posting defamatory, abusive, profane, threatening, offensive, or illegal material, may result in immediate suspension or termination of a user’s ACOG Engage account.
ACOG reserves the right at its sole discretion to remove or reject any message for any reason or to suspend a user account as needed.
This site is provided as a service for the members of American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists. ACOG is not responsible for the opinions and information posted on this site by members and participants in communities. You should not consider out of date user submitted content to be current thoughts and opinions, as thoughts and opinions of a user can often change. ACOG disclaims all warranties with regard to information posted on this site, whether posted by ACOG or any third party; this disclaimer includes all implied warranties of merchantability and fitness. ACOG does not guarantee the privacy of any content posted or shared on Engage. In no event shall ACOG be liable for any special, indirect, or consequential damages or any damages whatsoever resulting from loss of use, data, or profits, arising out of or in connection with the use or performance of any information posted on this site.
OTHER LEGAL INFORMATION
Report copyright infringement by following our instructions.
ACOG reserves the right to terminate access to any user who does not abide by the ACOG Engage rules.
Your privacy is important to us. ACOG’s Privacy Statement contains a detailed explanation of how we use your data, how we communicate with you, and the terms and conditions of use.