Welcome to ACOG Engage, ACOG’s online professional network where you can collaborate with peers, build relationships, and hold ongoing conversations all within a safe and secure private community accessible to ACOG members. To ensure the best possible experience for all users, we have established some basic rules for participation.
By joining and using ACOG Engage, you agree that you have read and will follow these community rules. We also expect that you will use good online etiquette.
Please take a moment to acquaint yourself with these important participation requirements. In order to preserve an environment that encourages both civil and informative dialogue, ACOG reserves the right to suspend or terminate participation in ACOG Engage for anyone who violates these rules.
ACOG Engage Rules
- Respect privacy.ACOG Engage is not intended to be a place for the exchange of any Protected Health Information (PHI) or other personally identifiable information (PII) that is subject to the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) of 1996 and its implementing regulations or other state and federal privacy laws. Do not post any PHI or PII to the ACOG Engage communities.
- Don't post promotional or commercial messages. The ACOG Engage communities are for conversation and collaboration. Promotional and commercial content is not permitted. Do not post recruitment advertisements, job listings, event announcements, research or surveys, or other promotional or commercial content. ACOG Engage may not be used to collect names or create mailing lists for business opportunities.
- Respect intellectual property. Post content that you personally created or that you have permission to use and have properly attributed to the content creator. Do not post any information or other material protected by copyright without the permission of the copyright owner. Link out to sources on the internet and do not copy and paste information into a post.
- Don’t post anticompetitive messages or restrain trade. Do not post messages that encourage or facilitate members to arrive at any agreement that either expressly or implicitly leads to price fixing, a boycott, or other conduct that restricts free trade. Messages that encourage or facilitate an agreement about the following subjects are prohibited: prices, discounts, or terms or conditions of sale; salaries; profits, profit margins, or cost data; market shares, sales territories, or markets; allocation of customers or territories; or selection, rejection, or termination of customers or suppliers.
- Respect others and the purpose of the community. Use the communities to engage with peers, build relationships, and hold ongoing conversations related to the ob-gyn profession and women’s health. Always be professional when participating in ACOG Engage communities.
- Don't challenge or attack others. The discussions and comments are meant to stimulate conversation, not to create contention. Treat others as you would like to be treated; let others have their say.
- Defamatory, abusive, profane, threatening, offensive, or illegal materials are prohibited. Do not post anything that you would not want the world to see or that you would not want anyone to know came from you. Legal restrictions, including liability for defamation, apply to posts within the ACOG Engage communities.
- State concisely and clearly the topic of your message in the subject line. This allows members to respond more appropriately to your post and makes it easier for them find relevant content when they search the archives by subject.
- Post your message or documents only to the most appropriate communities. This helps ensure all messages receive the best response by eliminating "noise." Do not post the same message in different communities or libraries. All messages should be intended to add to the body of knowledge.
- Do not send administrative or general messages such as “remove me from the list,” "thanks for the information," or "me, too" to a group. Instead send a message to the individual by using the "Reply to Sender" link available in every discussion post.
- Use appropriate decorum. Remember that your posts reflect on you as a professional, on the community to which you belong, and on the ob-gyn specialty. Consider how your posts will be perceived by readers within and outside of the ACOG Engage community. For example, avoid posting photos that make yourself or colleagues look unprofessional.
ACOG understands that people make mistakes. In general, ACOG will follow a graduated enforcement policy; however, ACOG in its sole discretion may take any enforcement action that it deems appropriate in any order.
- First Violation: A written email warning is sent to the user who violates the ACOG Engage rules. Depending on the severity of the infringement, ACOG may delete the message.
- Second Violation: A written warning is sent to the user who violates the ACOG Engage rules and the message may be deleted. The user's ACOG Engage account may be put into moderation for 90 days. Placing a user’s ACOG Engage account under moderation means that every new post is reviewed and approved by the community manager before being publicly viewable on the site.
- Third Violation: A written warning is sent to the user who violates the ACOG Engage rules and the message may be deleted or will not be approved if the user is still in moderation. The user's ACOG Engage account may be put into moderation for one year.
Egregious violations, such as posting defamatory, abusive, profane, threatening, offensive, or illegal material, may result in immediate suspension or termination of a user’s ACOG Engage account.
ACOG reserves the right at its sole discretion to remove or reject any message for any reason.
This site is provided as a service for the members of American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists. ACOG is not responsible for the opinions and information posted on this site by members and participants in communities. ACOG disclaims all warranties with regard to information posted on this site, whether posted by ACOG or any third party; this disclaimer includes all implied warranties of merchantability and fitness. In no event shall ACOG be liable for any special, indirect, or consequential damages or any damages whatsoever resulting from loss of use, data, or profits, arising out of or in connection with the use or performance of any information posted on this site.
other legal Information
By posting material, you represent and warrant that you own the copyright with respect to such material or have received permission from the copyright owner. In addition, by posting such material, you grant to ACOG and users of this site the nonexclusive right and license to display, copy, publish, distribute, transmit, print, and use the information or material that you posted.
You agree not to post any individually identifiable personal information in violation of HIPAA or other state and federal privacy laws. Should you submit personal information, including PHI, regarding a patient or other third party, you represent and warrant to ACOG that you have obtained that individual’s consent to the extent required by law to the disclosure of their personal information.
ACOG does not actively monitor the ACOG Engage communities for inappropriate posts and does not on its own undertake editorial control of posts. Users should report inappropriate posts to ACOG by using the Mark as Inappropriate option.
Report copyright infringement by following our instructions.
ACOG reserves the right to terminate access to any user who does not abide by the ACOG Engage rules.
Your privacy is important to us. ACOG’s Privacy Statement contains a detailed explanation of how we use your data, how we communicate with you, and the terms and conditions of use.